Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 64: Cobourg to Kingston (140 km)

Today while Vanessa was grocery shopping I took a quick half nap with the bikes. When Vanessa emerged thirty minutes later, I stood up and found I'd left a perfect sweat imprint on the ground beneath my bike shorts. The fact I managed to sweat so profusely through my bike shorts and 1/2 an inch of foam gives you an idea of just how hot it was today.

We ended up going a bit further than planned today due to a lack of suitable camping. Our original plan was to camp just outside of Napanee at roughly 110 km. However from there, we hit solid development and farmland for the next thirty km. Finally we found a quiet corner just outside of Kingston to pop the tent.

The advantage to this is we've cut tomorrow's ride to Brockville to approximately 90 km. It's one of the few stretches this far from Toronto that we've biked before and it will be a treat to really be able to take our time on such a beautiful stretch.

As we found our way into camp fairly late tonight I'll keep this short, but we'll close by thanking Steph Colville for having us for cheesecake on such short notice and Sean we'll catch you in the Fall. Brockville here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment